Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Summer is quickly Approaching

Hello All,



With summer quickly approaching I have been working in the garden furiously to get some delicious veggies planted. I've Rota tilled the yard installed sprinklers, (the drip kind), built the first furrows, and seeded the front patch with grass seed. I rented a very small grass tiller called the Mantis tiller and it worked wonders on my small patch of yard, churning the very clay like dirt to a perfect aerated pulp. I mixed in 1 years worth of organic rabbit droppings for fertilizer along with some sand to help counter the incredible clay mud our area is known for. But I'm most proud of the sprinkler system, for very (I mean very) cheap about $50 the sprinkler system is in and even has an automatic timer. It's time to plant the back yard with wonderful veggies and fruits. My finance planed some gardenia bushes next to the front door and boy o boy do they smell good.

I'll keep you posted on the garden and perhaps post a few pictures when i get around to it!





powered by performancing firefox

SumbleUpon! Digg This! Del.icio.us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home