Tuesday, March 6, 2007

My hobby

I have a Jetta Wolfsburg edition from 2001 and I really enjoy driving it, with a 1.8t turbo charged engine it can really haul. I've been having some problems lately with it and I'm searching for the solution, I have a loss of boost and the computer tells me the engine is running lean. I think it is most likely the Mass Air Flow sensor going bad but I did a few tests and it seems to preform close to the standards, I'm not sure how exact a science this is. But at RedLine the MAF is measuring 90 g/s of air flowing into the engines when the stock configuration should be around 120g/s. I'm going to try a few more tests.





powered by performancing firefox

SumbleUpon! Digg This! Del.icio.us!

1 Comments:

At March 19, 2007 at 6:53 AM , Blogger prettyhelmet said...

i have missed you! prettyhelmet.com is back online. i couldn't deprive you all of the various crap that i find interesting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home