Thursday, August 23, 2007

Well the board making drought is over, I finally got my dremel back from the shop. So I've glassed both sides of the board now cut out the drop through's and I took it for a test.
Down conception hill no less. (Perfect name for my first test run of boards.)

I've never ridden a drop through board before.... HOLY COW that was stable, i thought changing the geometry of the trucks by putting the board on the bottom would only make a small difference. Boy was I wrong. I rode down conception on my flex 5 vanguard with avilas, it was a nice ride, not too fast but fast enough to have to really lean into the curves.
Then I rode down on this board with no grip mind you... it was so stable I didn't even think about braking... (On the vanguard I got a little bit of wobbles so I air-braked a little.)

Also I would note that the Randall trucks on this thing have the hangers flipped, which adds to stability.


So this board is made out of a scrap piece of 1/2 Baltic birch and glass that's it. I think I'm def going to have to recreate the shape and add some concave to it. Not much though I preferred how forgiving the board was with no concave.
Posted by Picasa
SumbleUpon! Digg This! Del.icio.us!

1 Comments:

At October 23, 2007 at 5:14 PM , Blogger Iron Spork said...

Very nice. Is this the conception hill in Los Altos Hills, Ca? Off of Purissima?

That's quite the hill for a virgin board...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home