Thursday, August 2, 2007

Fiberglassing a Speed board.

I'm building a new board. it's going to be a drop through speed board.
1/2" Baltic Birch plywood and a layer of fiberglass on the top and bottom of the board for stability.
I'm going to try to chronicle the steps for everyone!
Step 1: The template. I taped together 3 11x17" pieces of paper and folded them in half. I drew one side and then folded it down the center line and traced out the other side. this ensured perfect symmetry.

Next I used my jigsaw to cut out the board.

The Cut out board.

This handy little tool is a dremel attachment router with 1/8" corner rounding bit. Make the Curves around the edges perfect.
Posted by Picasa
SumbleUpon! Digg This! Del.icio.us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home