Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Loaded Vanguard Edge Repair

I ran into a problem with hippie flips, because I'm not the best at them I often land the board deck down! which has been eating up the nice edges of the board.So I decided to fix that by adding a bit of epoxy to the boards top most edges to protect the nice bamboo.I used 2 ton 5 min epoxy.


Start by cleaning the board first, don't want to trap that dirt under the Epoxy, I found just water and a scrub brush works just fine!
I also sanded the edges a little bit to remove the small peices of splintering wood.


With the board cleaned I mixed up the 2 ton expoxy, on a cutting board I used for creating slide gloves :-)



Then I added the epoxy to each of the 4 most uper corners of the board, it's clear so you can's see it when your riding.




I also added some epoxy to the nose and tail of the board to protect it when I stand it up!

The Bamboo is indescructable but I found it can "frey easily allong the grain if your hard on your board like I am) This small epoxy fix took care of any problems!
Posted by Picasa
SumbleUpon! Digg This! Del.icio.us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home